To avoid a nasty shock for your organisation from lightning damage, or penalties for failing to meet legal requirements, rely on Derwent FM to keep your lightning protection network in top condition and in full working order.
Key benefits include:
- Ensuring that systems are tested as per recommendations under the Electricity at Work Act 1989
- Avoiding fines, penalties, invalidated insurance and even prosecution by ensuring that all building users are kept safe from the dangers of lightning strikes
- Avoiding damages and potential downtime that might be caused by a lightning strike
- Ensuring high standards of safety that are critical for tall buildings in particular
- Repairs and replacements can be carried out as part of a comprehensive facilities management package
- All our inspectors are fully accredited and experienced at carrying out the appropriate tests and maintenance on lightning protection systems
It is vital that lightning protection systems are maintained in good order for any building. The range of hazards that can result from a lightning strike pose both significant safety risks as well as damaging financial consequences for an organisation. After our lightning system specialists have completed their comprehensive tests, a certificate of compliance will be issued.
Without appropriate inspection of systems, the damages your organisation could face include:
- Severe injuries to people as a result of step and touch voltage
- Explosions due to lightning electromagnetic impulses
- Serious risk of fire
- Destruction of mechanical equipment
- Other physical damage to buildings
- Power surge damage that can effect even non-electrical appliances
- Shockwave damage that can easily fracture brick, plaster, concrete etc.
- Penalties for not complying with safety standards
- Invalidated insurance
Particularly in tall buildings and organisations where electronic failures can be catastrophic, you cannot afford not to take measures to protect your premises from lightning strikes. Contact us today to discuss lightning protection network testing as part of a facilities management partnership with Derwent FM.