Remaining on top of fire safety standards can be daunting for many organisations with little knowledge or experience in this area. You can rely on Derwent FM to ensure that your premises will meet the high standards required of fire alarm systems as part of a facilities management partnership.
Key benefits include:
- Keeping your premises compliant with fire safety regulations at all times
- Avoiding fines, penalties, invalidated insurance and even prosecution by ensuring that all building users are alerted in the event of a fire
- Ensuring that alarm systems will respond quickly to a fire so people can evacuate safely
- Reducing the damage that may occur to your building by ensuring a swift alarm and subsequent emergency services response to a fire
- A more comprehensive fire safety management package can be arranged with Derwent FM that will ensure you are fully covered
- Our experienced alarm testers have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the area of fire safety
Derwent FM can provide full fire alarm testing and maintenance services for a wide variety of different organisations and types of building. It is important for any organisation to enlist the assistance of fire safety experts to ensure that their premises are compliant with the legal requirements expected of fire alarm systems outlined in the BS 5839-1 regulations. Although the regulations require only a ‘competent person’ to carry out daily or weekly alarm testing, it is a requirement that a person with specialist fire and electrical safety credentials carries out more comprehensive testing every 6 months.
Don’t risk your premises being non-compliant and the many complications this can present for your organisation. Contact Derwent FM today to discuss a facilities management contract that covers the fire safety of your building in relation to its emergency alarm systems.